Center for Engaged Learning Mission
The Center for Engaged Learning seeks to enhance academic excellence and human flourishing at Providence College by promoting a campus culture which prioritizes intellectual curiosity, intrinsic motivation to learn, critical and creative inquiry, and participation in intentional reflective practice.
To do so, the Center for Engaged Learning works with students, faculty, and a variety of other campus offices to:
- foster key skills needed to be an engaged learner, like critical reflection, academic resilience, and creative inquiry
- encourage students to participate in and faculty to develop ‘high impact’ educational practices, including undergraduate research, internships, service learning, writing-intensive courses, academic and intellectual collaboration, and capstone courses and projects
- educate the campus community about the process of engaged learning, how they it is central to the ideal of liberal education
- publicize student and faculty successes in engaged learning
- study more about engaged learning and its role in liberal education through research and participation in scholarly conversations